Uls-gard Pellets provide an advanced and effective pelleted formulation to help maintain digestive health and comfort.
- Advanced and effective pelleted formulation to help maintain digestive health and comfort.
- Contains key ingredients traditionally used to help soothe the stomach lining, including pectins, lecithin, aloe vera, marshmallow root, glycine, liquorice.
- Slow-release calcium and magnesium from marine algae, to help maintain a healthy gut pH.
- Beta glucans from high nucleotide yeast to support gastric content viscosity.
- Contains Pre and Probiotics to support a healthy gut microbiome.
- On a palatable alfalfa and soya hulls base, to provide a fibrous mat.
Equine America is BETA NOPS and UFAS assured which means that full product traceability is in place, along with a quality assurance program which minimises the risk of contamination of the feed with prohibited substances and NOPS. Products are formulated to be suitable for horses competing under FEI regulations and the Rules of Racing.
Key nutrients/ingredients per 100g daily serving – divide into 2 or 3 feeds for best results:
|Aloe Vera 200:1 extract100mg
|High Nucleotide Yeast1.0g
|Probiotics2.5 x 10(10) cfu
Horses are designed to trickle feed – grazing for up to 16 hours a day. This means that they need to constantly secrete acid to help digest this almost continual source of food entering their stomach. A grazing horse will also produce up to 9 gallons of saliva a day which as well as lubricating the food, also acts to help maintain a healthy gastric pH.
The horse has a small stomach, and food does not stay in there for very long, so even short periods during the day without access to forage should be minimised.
Providing a small amount of forage, such as chaff, prior to exercise will also support gastric health and comfort.
There are a number of additional management tips which may also help support gastric health:
- Plan yard and field regimes to avoid stressors such as bullying or excessive activity near the stable.
- Avoid high starch feeds and instead use a forage-based regime with digestible fibre sources and oil to provide additional energy.
- Try to provide periods of turnout or hand grazing if possible to enable the horse to benefit from antioxidants in fresh green forage.
Plan training and competition schedules carefully, especially where long-distance travel may result in restricted forage intake.
Equine America ULS-gard Pellets have been formulated using carefully selected ingredients to help maintain gastric health and comfort including:
Slow-release calcium and magnesium from marine algae, to help support a healthy gut pH.
Lecithin – a special type of fat which to support healthy stomach lining cells.
Pectins, Marshmallow root and Liquorice – to help produce mucilage which acts as a physical barrier for the unprotected upper portion of the stomach.
Aloe Vera and Glycine – to help support a healthy gastric mucosa (lining of the stomach).
High nucleotide yeast – to provide beta-glucans which help to increase the viscosity of stomach contents, and provide nutritional support for a healthy gastric mucosa.
Pre and Probiotics to support a healthy gut microbiome.
Alfalfa and soya hulls to provide a fibrous “mat” and to help maintain a healthy gastric pH.
Additional Management factors to help support digestive health and comfort.
- Turnout to grass where practical and possible, ideally with a placid companion, even if only for short periods.
- Ensure ad-lib forage where practical. For good-doers, where calories are restricted, offer very frequent, but controlled amounts of forage, with the largest allocation overnight. Select clean, but low-calorie forage to enable larger amounts to be offered.
- Offer forage in different locations in the stable to encourage natural foraging behaviour.
- Try to reduce social stressors such as bullying stablemates, or proximity to the feed store.
- Feed a good double handful (or 1 round scoop) of alfalfa chaff before exercise or competition warm-up to provide a fibrous “mat” in the stomach – even if forage is available in the stable or lorry.
- Consider replacing some starch-based calories with Equine America Supreme Omega Oil in the diet.
Benefits of ULS-gard Pellets
- Natural, nutritional support for gut health and comfort (Calcium, magnesium, lecithin, pectin, glycine).
- Key ingredients traditionally used to soothe the stomach wall (Aloe vera, marshmallow root, liquorice).
- Beta-Glucans from high nucleotide yeasts to support a healthy gastric mucosa.
- Alfalfa and soya hulls base to provide a fibrous mat.
- Palatable and easy to mix for fussy feeders.
- Suitable for foals at a reduced serving rate.
Ingredients & Nutrition
Directions For Use